Fri 8 Feb, 2013
Tags: Announcement, Fund, Scholarship, Woodworking, Workshops
The Berkshire Woodworkers Guild is sponsoring a scholarship fund for students seeking a career in woodworking, architecture or related field. Applications must be in before April 1, 2013.
- Applicants should be between 16 and 25 years of age.
- Preference is given to applicants from Berkshire County (Massachusetts) and the neighboring region and who seek to make woodworking, architecture or related fields their professional goal.
- Applications should be submitted at least 30 days before course begins.
- Maximum scholarship amount is $500.
- Money is paid to applicant or to course host after successful completion of course with receipt/invoice and evidence of attendance. Payment made in advance ONLY to course host if guarantee provided for refund (less any deposit required) if student can’t attend or cancels. No payments are made directly to the student in advance of course.
- Scholarships may be used to attend schools, conferences, classes, workshops and other events that meet the approval of the scholarship review committee of the Berkshire Woodworkers Guild. In general, any program that contributes to the education of the applicant in the areas of woodworking, architecture or related fields will qualify. Preference is given for long-term continuous programs that lead to certification or a degree in the profession.
- Scholarship application guidelines and application form are available on the Berkshire Woodworkers Guild website on the SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM page or directly from this link.
- Send completed form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by regular mail to Berkshire Woodworkers Guild Scholarships, c/o Will Beemer, 148 Middlefield Rd., Washington MA 01223 or fax to 413-623-0277. Electronic submissions via email attachments (PDF or Word format) are preferred.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THE CURRENT ROUND IS APRIL 1ST.